Baby and Child First Aid
Do you know what to do if your baby or child suddenly falls ill or injures themselves? Would you be able to confidently and calmly respond to an emergency if your baby or child’s life is on the line? This first aid course covers common and life threatening emergency situations for babies and children.
Designed for parents, grandparents and caregivers. After this course you will feel confident in how to calmly respond to an emergency involving babies and children. All skills and knowledge required to deal with non-emergency illnesses and injuries are covered as well.
Time: 2.5-3 hours
This is a non-accredited course and not related to HLTAID004 Provide an Emergency First Aid Response in an Education and Care Setting. No certificate can be issued.
We currently run this course once a month. Please contact us to find out dates and times available.
There are no prerequisites or any online study required for this first aid course
- State/Territory regulations and first aid codes of practice
- Responding to an emergency situation
- Providing CPR to babies and children
- How to correctly use a defibrillator on babies and children
- Dealing with choking and how to open the airway
- Drowning and avoiding it
- Recognising illness in babies
- What to do for Poisoning
- How to recognise and deal with Asthma
- Allergies and Anaphylaxis
- Bleeding both minor and life threatening
- Fractures, sprains, strains and dislocations
- Febrile convolutions and seizures
- All types of Burns
- Recognising and treating shock
- Animal bites and stings
- Other common illnesses and injuries
Group bookings are currently available. Contact Us to Book Now