HLTAID003 Provide First Aid Course (must complete online workbook) (includes HLTAID001 Provide CPR)
$100 Renewal (must have current HLTAID003 Provide First Aid or Senior First Aid Certificate or a Certificate that is less than 6 months expired) (Online book still needs to be completed)
Where: Parklands Central Apartment Hotel Dickson, Diplomat Hotel in Griffith ACT (Please check the Book Now page for each sessions location) or your private venue for group bookings.
When: 10am to 4pm on the course date you have chosen
1. Book Online. This is easily done by going to the book a course page a paying via paypal or credit card. A confirmation email will be sent to you to confirm your position and give details to complete online workbook.
2. Completed online workbook (prior to course date). When completing the online workbook it is important that you print off the final certificate page and bring it to the course you are attending. Evidence of completed workbooks is a pre-requiste in receiving accreditation.*Online course takes around 2hrs to complete*
3. Sign up for FREE USI. Effective from January 1st 2015 all students enrolled in nationally recognised training, will be required to provide their registered training organisation (RTO) with their USI. Registering for a USI is simple and the registration process is available online and at no cost to the student. This USI will stay with the student for life and be recorded with any nationally recognised VET course that is undertaken.
Create your USI now at http://portal.usi.gov.au/student
4. Student Written Agreement. All students attending Canberra First Aid courses should read the Student Written Agreement before attending a course. This document is found here.
5. 6hrs face-to-face practical training and instruction. This includes attendance at all sessions, observation and practical on-going assessment, participating in problem solving scenarios and on-going information and questioning. The class will also refresh the topics covered in the workbooks and dispel myths and reinforce best practice emergency care.
6. Short multiple choice theory test. During and towards end of the 6hr face-to-face session, there will be a short multiple choice test. The questions are relevant to what you have learnt in class and your workbook.
What you need to bring:
Completed Workbook or Printed Summary Page.
Wear comfortable clothing
Form of identification (Drivers License, Passport, Photo I.D. Card, Student card).
What you will receive on successful completion of the course:
On successful completion of the HLTAID003 Provide First Aid unit with incorporates the content of the following units: HLTAID002 Provide Basic Emergency Life Support and HLTAID001 Provide CPR, students will receive a soft copy emailed first aid certificate that is valid for 3 years from the course completion date. NOTE : We also now offer faster turn around times of you certificates with certificate being emailed to you as soon as they are processed.
For those students who would like to renew their certificates before the expiry date its as easy as completing the 6hrs face-to-face practical assessment and online booklet.
Cancellations or Re-scheduling
All booking cancellations or re-scheduling will incur a $40.00 fee. In cases where less than 48 hours notice of cancellation or re-schedule is provided, the full course fee may be charged (this also includes no shows). For instant mistake booking we will re-schedule for free.